As the leader of what has quickly become an international ministry, I can easily find myself pouring out more than what is being poured back into me.
I’m sure the same is true for many ministry leaders.
There are speaking engagements, counseling opportunities, leadership meetings, vision casting, blogging, resource creation, newsletters to compile, people to pray for, outreaches to prep, and so many more activities that can easily drain the life of a leader.
That’s why every leader needs to find ways to feed themselves.
I get asked that question a lot – how do I feed myself? Here are just a few of the podcasts I listen to on a regular basis – both from churches and other leadership organizations:
- Elevation Church Podcast: The messages at Elevation Church, and in particular from Steven Furtick, have always hit me right where I am in my walk with God. They encourage me, challenge me, and help me walk out my faith more firmly. I listen to their sermons every Tuesday on my way to work. Check them out and subscribe in iTunes.
- LifeChurch.TV Podcast: Craig Groeschel as quickly become one of my favorite authors and speakers. I began listening to his sermons on the LifeChurch.tv Podcast just a few months ago, and they have made their way to my Wednesday morning choice on my way to work. Check them out and subscribe in iTunes.
- Mosaic Podcast: Erwin McManus is a beast when it comes to speaking, and the sermons he gives at Mosaic always seem to hit me right where I’m at. They tend to be deeper messages – something beyond the basics of Christianity – and always challenge me. Check them out and subscribe in iTunes.
- Northwoods Community Church Podcast: This is the podcast of messages given at my home church. I don’t listen to the podcast often, as I am usually at church, but when I miss, I love to catch up. These messages are always power and always spot on to where I am in life. Check us out and subscribe in iTunes.
- EntreLeadership Podcast: While I don’t listen to this on a weekly basis, the EntreLeadership podcast always features challenging and needed topics to help grow my leadership skills. Check them out and subscribe in iTunes.
Having a selection of resources, especially podcasts, that help you grow your faith and really be poured back into when you are constantly pouring out is necessary for any leader.
What podcasts do you listen to in order to grow your faith? List them in the comments below!