Friday marks the start of my eleventh trip to the Czech Republic.
The four of us that make up this year’s team will board a plane and begin the 15 hour journey that will take us from Chicago to Liberec — our first stop on this year’s trip.
To say I am excited is an understatement.
You see, on top of my normal excitement that surrounds a trip to Czech, this year’s trip will mark a lot of firsts for me and for Ignite:
- Our first time visiting and doing ministry in Liberec
- Our first time going to Germany (minus navigating through the Frankfurt or Munich airports)
- Our first time working with youth in Bohumin — a city I preached in during my second trip to Czech back in 2007
- Our first time leading an official Youth Leadership Conference
- My first time having a working phone while in Czech
As I’ve reflected over this trip, and prayed about what God might want to do during our time in-country, I began to realize something:
Every single one of those “firsts” is the start of God fulling promises He made me eight years ago.